Who Let the Dogs Out?
An intimate gathering featuring world renowned Cesar Millan
Original host of the Dog Whisperer
DATE: January 15, 2014
SCHOOL PRESIDENT: Rev. TJ Martinez, SJ
EVENT CHAIR: Lisa and Joe Turano
EVENT ADVISOR: Carol Beck
TIME: 11:30 am: Luncheon and Presentation by Cesar Millar
PLACE: Cristo Rey Jesuit
College Preparatory School of Houston
6700 Mount Carmel Street
Houston, Texas 77087
CONTACT: Bee Dickson at 281-501-1298
CRISTO REY JESUIT: On August 10, 2009 Cristo Rey Jesuit opened its doors in Houston to 80 children and introduced an innovative, unique and indeed, revolutionary model of high school education for children from the most economically challenged families. Now with 460 in attendance this school year, the success and reputation of the program has been overwhelming. These young men and young women attending Cristo Rey Jesuit stand poised to not only break out of the cycles of poverty and violence that have engulfed generations of their own families, but more importantly, are being formed to become the next business, cultural, political and religious leaders of Houston.
Providing a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, Cristo Rey Jesuit is the only high school in the city (and the state) that:
- exclusively targets children living at or under the federal poverty line.
- incorporates weekly hands-on experience in the business world.
- combines business, academic, moral and religious learning.
- asks parents to pay a nominal fee determined by their income, rather than a standard tuition.
- guarantees that every child who graduates will get into college.
- does not rely on the government funding to operate the school
CESAR MILLAN: Cristo Rey Jesuit has the unique opportunity to host a gathering with world renowned dog behaviorist, Cesar Millan. This New York Times best-selling author, committed animal activist, and star of the new hit show Leader of the Pack on NatGeoWild will share his own personal story and provide tips to help you master leadership and renew the bond and balance with your dog(s).