Every dog has its day and that day is coming at the grand opening celebration of the Johnny Steele Dog Park in Buffalo Bayou Park, located at Allen Parkway and Montrose Boulevard. Owners and their four-legged friends will enjoy new features including large and small dog ponds, dog washing areas and shade structures.
Keep up-to-date with the array of family- and animal-friendly activities by “liking” Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s Facebook!
1:00 pm – Dedication Ceremony
1:30 pm – Strut Your Mutt Doggie Fashion Show hosted by Addie Brands and prize sponsored by Modular Dog
2:30 pm – Dog & Dog-Owner Look-Alike Contest
3:00 pm – Dog Park Etiquette and Trainer Tips by Peace Love & Dogs Houston
Don’t have time to get Fido fashionable?
- Visit the dog park’s washing stations for a quick rinse!
- Buffalo Bayou Partnership branded dog leashes and pop-up water bowls on sale at the Bayou Boutique.
- Shop the latest dog clothing trends at the Addie Brands pop-up shop!
- Get nail trims and pet grooming tips from Rocky & Maggie’s Petshop.
- Keep your hungry hound healthy and happy with all-natural pet treats available for purchase from Natural Pawz Treat Truck.
- Top-quality hot dogs for our omnivore dog owners from Good Dog Hot Dog.
- Treat your pet to premium pet food from Whole Foods Market‘s Whole Paws line.
- Stay warm and cozy with hot chocolate and coffee courtesy of Katz Coffee.
- Free doggie kisses at Houston CAP’s kissing booth!
- Need more puppy breath in your life? Give a dog a loving home – dog adoptions from Pup Squad.
- Learn more about BARC‘s Animal Shelter & Adoptions Volunteer Program!
- Chill out in Puppies for Breakfast’s doggie lounge!
- Doggie treats and special raffle prizes by Yappy Hour Events.
- Explore walking and playtime services for your pooch from Shaggy Chic Houston.
Strike a Pose!
- Take a “paws” from all the roaming and get picture-perfect (or silly) in our photobooth hosted by Photobomb Photobooths.
- Don’t forget to share and tag your photos with #BBPDogPark!
* If your pet does not socialize well with other dogs or doesn’t handle large crowds too well, please use your judgment and keep them at home. Pet parents are still encouraged to come and enjoy the grand opening celebration!