TC Jester Park
Saturday, September 21, 2013, 7:00am – 12:00pm
Congratulations to Chrissy Rollyson for being this week’s top fundraiser!*
“This is Remi. I met her my very first time volunteering at Best Friends. She was in the Fairway and I knew she owned me from the first moment. Her patience and love is what gets me going, and has fueled my passion for Animal Rescue. It all began with a dog.”
*You, too, can get your pooch’s picture featured for one full week simply by being the top fundraiser between Wednesday and Tuesday from now until the event takes place. But, you have to be registered to win!
Houston: It’s time to Strut for homeless pets!
Get ready, get set, get your pooch warmed up…it’s time for Best Friends Animal Society’s 1st Annual Strut Your Mutt in Houston. Join us for a fun walk and the ultimate doggie festival that supports local animal rescue groups and helps to save the lives of animals in shelters!
Don’t miss cool attractions for you and your pooch:
- Ask the Trainer, hosted by Abby Harrison
- Ruff & Relax, hosted by JP Pet Club of Paul Mitchell Schools
- Ask-a-Vet, hosted by Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists
- Downward Dog, hosted by Earth Kids Yoga
- PAWS & PALS: Painting Activity for Kids of All Ages and Their Pups, sponsored by Petfinder
- PAWdicures, hosted by Dog Gone Stylin
- Smooch the Pooch – Have a photo taken with your Pooch
- Best Friends Save Them All™ tent – learn more about Best Friends’ new call-to-action campaign!
Strut Your Mutt Houston Details:
Who: Houstonians two-legged and four who want to “walk the walk” for homeless pets!
What: A leisurely fundraising dog walk followed by a doggie themed festival that includes pet contests, photos, treats for your dogs, fun activities, refreshments and more.
Where: TC Jester Park, 4201 W T C Jester Blvd., Houston, TX 77018
When: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 7:00am – 12:00pm
7:00am – Check-in and onsite registration opens
8:30am – Strut begins
Why: To raise money for your favorite local animal welfare group (any of Best Friends’ No More Homeless Pets Network Partners) or for Best Friends Animal Society, and to help bring about a time when there are No More Homeless Pets®.
- Individuals: $30 ($35 day-of)
- Couples: $50 ($60 day-of)
- Kids 12 and under with t-shirt: $20 ($25 day-of)
- Kids 12 and under without t-shirt: FREE
- Virtual Participant (not attending our official Strut in Houston’s): $10 (does not include a t-shirt but our 2013 Strut shirts will be available for purchase). Virtual Participants, like Individual Walkers, can raise money for Best Friends or for a participating Network Partner–but will need to join a Network Partner’s Dog Pack in order to raise money for that group.
Note: Every person who is attending the event must be registered (online or in person on the day of) in order to participate. Attendee t-shirts must be picked up at the event! If you register, but cannot attend, and would like your t-shirt, please send someone to pick it up at the event. Best Friends is not able to mail t-shirts out once the event is over.
Be sure to stay connected to all of the strutters at Houston’s Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/386343721480684/
Lifesaving Volunteer Opportunities
Best Friends is currently accepting applications for 2013 Volunteer Leadership Team members for Houston. Click here for more information and to apply: http://volunteer.bestfriends.
Are you a local rescue or shelter and have questions about Strut Your Mutt?
Interested in volunteering?
For all other questions, contact Best Friends Events