Corridor Rescue is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Foster Program Coordinator. Fostering animals is an integral part of Corridor Rescue to find quality, temporary and permanent homes for animals in need through a rigorous screening process.
The roles of the Foster Program Coordinator are primarily focused around the temporary placement and follow-up of pet’s foster families within the foster program. The Foster Program Coordinator works directly with the officers of Corridor Rescue and other members of the volunteer team. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following types of activities:
Match foster families with appropriate foster animals based on their skills and situation
- Provide ongoing assistance, coaching and moral support to foster families
- Coordinate with foster families to have foster animals attend adoption events when appropriate
- Respond to emails and phone calls from foster parents
- Approve or deny foster applications
- Recruit new foster families
- Maintain the foster information records
- Evaluate and identify animals that are candidates for the foster program
- Maintain foster medical database and schedule veterinary appointments for foster animals
- Schedule medication pickup and/or delivery such as monthly heartworm prevention
- Maintain and track supplies for foster program
The Foster Program Coordinator position requires someone with excellent communication and organization skills, good management skills and the ability to enforce policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a passion for rescuing pets, will be comfortable working with a diverse group of people and will be familiar with Corridor Rescue’s mission, goals and programs.
This position is an unpaid volunteer position. The position requires approximately 10 hours per week, split between online/phone communication and direct contact with potential fosters, fosters and volunteers.
Some local travel will be required, and all travel related expenses are tax deductible.
If interested in this position, please contact Deborah at firstname.lastname@example.org and state your qualifications.
Thank you for your interest in Corridor Rescue!