Help Your Dog’s Mobility Issues with the Right Diet And Natural Methods
Dogs of all ages can have mobility issues from conditions such as arthritis, hip dysplasia, muscle weakness and injury. There are many natural ways that may be beneficial. Remember the key is to muscle test to find out what is best for your dog. Instead of trial and error which equates lost time and money, use muscle testing (applied kinesiology) to find the right nutrition and methods.
- Great health starts with the right nutrition. Many dogs do best on a raw or grain free diet and probiotics. Not every dog can eat every protein constantly either, especially chicken. Dry food takes away the moisture in the stomach. If you feed dry, you need to add water to it. Most dogs will do better on a raw, canned diet or a canned/dry combo. Many dogs need a grain free diet. Grain is not necessary in a dog’s diet and in fact it contributes to a lot of health conditions. It tends to increase inflammation and make arthritis worse.
- Most dogs right now are not doing well on chicken that is used to make the commercial diets. This has to do with how the chickens are treated and the different stresses they endure such as overcrowding, ammonia and mishandling. A lot of the health issues dogs are facing are because of the chicken. When you look at a brand of dog food, you MUST read the label. It may say turkey on the front but when you read the ingredients, many brands have included chicken. You can use muscle testing for animals to find out what proteins and type of diet are best for your dog. This will surprise you!
- Daily probiotics help to put the good bacteria in the stomach. If your dog is fine with lactose, a premium capsulized probiotic is Mitomax. Get 10% off by using the coupon code #IT08077 indefinitely. Order from Pet Max City or call 1-877-879-6486. If your dog is lactose intolerant, Probios is a good brand that is a loose powder.
- Consider joint supplements such as MSM, glucosamine, condroitin sulfate and hyaluronic acid. If you get the wrong joint supplement, you are wasting your money. If you have the right product but are not offering the right amount, you are also wasting your money and you will not see the results you want to. Be aware that many combo products do not have enough of a particular supplement to do any good and you may be better off buying separate products. Muscle testing is the best way to determine what joint supplements are needed and the amounts.
- Do not put red on or near your dog as the energy from this color can aggravate issues. There really is a reason the bull charges the red cape!
- Canine Massage can help improve your dog’s mobility by improving muscle tone and circulation. You can learn to do this yourself.
- Warm water swimming like that offered at Rummy’s Beach Club can be beneficial. Aquatherapy is offered by Dr. Robin Robinett of Vet Chiro and Rehab.
- For natural pain relief consider animal reiki/energy and homeopathy for pets such as arnica and daisy, herbs such as yucca and feverfew, and acupuncture and chiropractic. More vets are offering acupuncture, Chinese herbs and chiropractic. In the Houston area, a few are Dr. Robin Robinett at Vet Chiro & Rehab, Dr. Rachel Addleman and Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists.
Consider coming to one of our free consultations we offer on a monthly basis. Or better yet, learn how you can change your dog’s life and take a life changing workshop! Our 2011 calendar is coming out soon.