Learn the SpOOktacular Truths about Holisitic Animal Care!
Even Though it is Halloween season – don’t let the idea of holistic, alternative or natural medicine scare you! Some of the remedies that are used for healing or for first aid come from your very own kitchen, and can be “brewed” up easily and quickly without the toxic chemicals to acheive great results. We have health food stores, Whole Foods stores, massage therapist and acupuncturists for people, why would we leave our beloved furry friends out of this natural opportunity.
- Holistic care has been practiced for centuries, it is not some new fad. The Chinese and Japanese primarily use eastern medicine and energy modalities such as acupressure, acupuncture, herbs, food therapies and reiki or Qigong because it focuses on the whole – body, mind and spirit to seek and maintain balance!
- Another natural form of healing is crystal therapy. Crystals are the oldest living entity and date back to 25,000B.C. The Geeks, Egyptians and even the Medieval used crystal therapies medicinally and spiritually. Color therapy is another natural therapy that is used every day in many professions to alter our moods, calm or stimulate. It is the vibration or frequency of the color that has affects on people and animals.
- Reiki and other energetic modalities like Qi Gong are offered in medical facilities like M.D. Anderson. Wellness facilities and many health clubs offer Qi Gong or Tai Chi classes. It is all about moving energy in a positive way for emotional and physical well-being. There have been amazing results from reiki or energy work with out even touching the person or animal.
- Holistic care is not meant to replace conventional or western medicine. You do not have to choose one OR the other. Oh, contrar – use them both to compliment each other for the best possible results. Western medicine has technologies that make it an excellent diagnostic tool that can help you find what the issue is and holisitc methods or remedies can be used to solve or lessen the issue.
- Natural diets and household remedies can actually save you money in the long run. That bag of kibble on the shelf may seem like a great bargain, but when your cat develops IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) or FLUTD (Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease) because Fluffy was not getting enough protein or moisture in her diet, you will spend much more money on prescription drugs and frequent vet visits than if you had gone the holistic route to prevent any issue by feeding the proper diet and supplements to keep Fluffy balanced. Holistic care treats the whole so it looks at everything that is going on in the body and with the emotions to determine the cause or root of any issue rather than just the symptoms. Holistic care should be a way of life, not the last resort.
- No need to become a vet or earn a degree – anyone can learn holistic methods and apply them to your life and to your animal’s lives. The Lightfoot Way offers workshops available for many holistic modalities that you can learn in one day. It is what people don’t know that makes them afraid of it! Everyone and anyone can do this easily.
Consider learning more about natural ways to care for your pet at www.thelightfootway.com and look at our available workshops coming up that can help you with choosing your pet’s diet or helping him or her with any emotional issues or click here to sign up for our new complimentary email newsletter and get our 28 page holistic animal care ebook, 11 page nutritional report and a guided meditation for free.
Make holistic animal care a way of life, not a last resort!