Our Pets are Thankful Every Day for Us, Let’s Show our Thanks for Them!
Posted on November 14, 2011 By lightfootway AGGRESSION, BEHAVIOR, BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT, BIRDS, BOOKS, CATS, DOGS, GENERAL TRAINING, NATURAL HEALTH, NATURAL MEDICINE, NATURAL PET HEALTH BLOG, NUTRITION, PET OWNERSHIP, UNCATEGORIZED
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect on the many ways our animals enrich, fulfill and empower our lives! You may not even realize how ALL animals around us are helping us every day on our path through life. Pay attention to how many times in a day or a couple of days you keep seeing the SAME animal or if an unusual animal appears in an environment not natural to this animal and yet, the animal is there in front of you or certain animals may appear in your dreams – look the animal up on an animal totem website or get the Animal Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams and David Carson. The animals have messages for us and are thankful they are able to help us. We can show our appreciation for their unconditional love and help them, as well this season.
- Keep gratitude in your heart for the love your animals put in your life and practice sending love from your heart to their heart. You can do this through meditation and actually visualize your heart connecting with their heart or you can send them the color green , which is the color for the heart chakra.
- Assure them that your love is forever if you fully intend to keep your pet permanently by telling them that they have found their forever home. Verbally looking into their eyes and say the words “This is your forever home with us”. Just by making this little gesture you can have profound effects on an animal’s life. They may stop an obsessive behavior or quit being anxious or growling at strangers when they approach. Knowing that they truly belong in your home forever gives them the peace of mind to relax and enjoy their life with you.
- Giving thanks and being thankful are positive in nature, keep the positivity in your every day life with your pet or animal by taking the “no” or “not” out of their life. Try to always give them a “yes” or “ok” command…..tell them or show them visually in your mind what you WANT them to do, not what you don’t want them to do – they may get confused and think you want them to do the unwanted behavior. You can learn how to do this by learning animal communication. Praise them when they do something correctly with a treat or a smile. This keeps discipline positive and makes it fun. Spending time with them and working with them, not only shows our appreciation for them, making them a better pet, but the time spent together feeds our soul… that longer walk each day really helps us get more exercise and shows them love and attention.
- Give back by making sure their diet is the best diet for them. Every animal is unique and the diet could mark the difference between a healthy animal or a sick animal. Learn how to muscle test to find the best diet – it will change your life and help you with your life, as well.
- Get them a new fluffy bed or a festive holiday collar! We always feel good when we get a new outfit or 300 count sheets, right? You can muscle test to see what the best color would be for them, too!
- Looking ahead to the New Year, make it an early resolution to learn more about holistic animal care. It will awaken your life. Make holistic care a way of life, not a last resort!
Consider learning more about natural ways to care for your pet at www.thelightfootway.com and look at our available workshops coming up that can help you with choosing your pet’s diet or helping him or her with any emotional issues or click here to sign up for our new complimentary email newsletter and get our 28 page holistic animal care ebook, 11 page nutritional report and a guided meditation for free.
Make holistic animal care a way of life, not a last resort!
The Lightfoot Way’s mission is to enhance the well being of families, animals, professionals and individuals by sharing knowledge and providing support for the body, mind and spirit. We offer services with the goal to help achieve happier, healthier, and longer lives. Holistic care is a wonderful complement to traditional health care. By taking a natural approach, people and animals are cared for as a whole – on a mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual level. Through our educational workshops, consultations and products, you will gain the knowledge to change your life. Please join The Lightfoot Way in empowering people and animals…heart & soul!