Very successful and rapidly growing dog training and daycare facility is now hiring a dog trainer and a dog daycare attendant. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to become a part of the ever growing pet industry.
This is a full time position. This is a rare opportunity to learn and work within one of the most successful training programs in Houston.
• Excellent communication skills including public speaking
• Must be able to teach people as well as dogs
• Patience, ability to adapt quickly and make decisions
• Strong animal handling skills and ability to read dog body language
• CPDT-KA or in the process of becoming certified
• Be familiar with the methods, philosophies and standards of Dr. Ian Dunbar, Patricia McConnell, Karen Pryor, and Dr. Sophia Yin.
• 1 or more years of experience (the right person may have less, applications still welcome)
• Be available to teach classes on evenings and Saturdays
Because we take our highly successful training program very seriously, we are looking for someone who has made the decision that being a dog trainer is their passion and is looking to develop a long term career. Candidates must be willing to work very hard and go above and beyond in order to learn, grow, and become the best trainer they can be.
This is a full time position. Our smaller, more structured program allows our staff to learn and experience much more than other dog daycare programs.
• Some experience with dogs – Vet techs, shelter volunteers, dog walkers, pet sitters, etc.
• This is a very physical job and candidates must be able to be on their feet for long periods of time and handle dogs of all sizes
• Must not be afraid to get dirty!
• Should have basic animal handling skills and ability to read dog body language
*NO WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS REQUIRED!
Come work, learn, grow, and play with us!
Please email resumes and inquiries to: email@example.com