The following classes are being offered through The Lightfoot Way
First Aid & CPR for Animals Workshop with Michelle NEW
Date: Sunday, May 22nd
Location: Riveraine Apartments Garden Room, 8181 Colony, Houston
Cost: $150 w/$75 deposit if deposit paid by May 8th; after that, price is $175 w/$75 deposit. Paypal and checks are accepted.
According to the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), 1-out-of-4 more pets would survive, if just one pet first aid technique was applied prior to getting emergency veterinary care.
Thousands of pets are injured and die every year from preventable accidents. An important part of being a caring, responsible and loving pet owner is to know the life saving skills of pet first aid and emergency care. Knowing the skills and techniques of pet first aid can mean the difference between life and death for your pet. This First Aid and CPR class includes a workbook and is taught with an emphasis on hands-on skills practice using ‘dummy’ dogs. The class includes:
- Restraining & Muzzling – restraining an injured pet, using the pet’s natural instincts to reduce stress.
- Primary Pet Assessment – determining the life-saving actions necessary in an emergency in less than 30 seconds.
- Rescue Breathing – responding properly when a pet has a heartbeat but is not breathing.
- Canine & Feline CPR – responding properly when your pet has no heart beat and is not breathing.
- Choking Management – taking appropriate action when your pet is choking.
- Bleeding & Shock Management – controlling bleeding and preparing your injured pet for transportation.
- Snout-To-Tail Assessment –inspecting your pet from snout to tail to create a base-line of your pet’s health or to discover injuries that may not be immediately obvious.
- Vitals Assessment – determining what is normal for your pet so you can quickly recognize signs of stress, illness or injury.
- Pet First Aid Kit Contents – creating your own first aid kit with readily found materials.
- nsect Bites & Stings and Snakebite – reducing pain and controlling swelling and possible allergic reactions.
- Heat & Cold Injuries – preventing and responding to heat stroke, burns and frost bite.
- Extra Tips – including stress-free ways to trim your pet’s nails and brush his teeth.
Michelle Padgett is a certified Pet Tech instructor who has been training and showing dogs for over 10 years. She is a biologist, a Reiki Master, a Certified Small Animal Masseuse and a Lightfoot Way Holistic Care Consultant. She is also a tester with the American Temperament Testing Society and a member of the International Association of Canine Professionals.
Nutrition & Muscle Testing Workshop with Allison
Date: Saturday, June 18th
Location: At Allison’s nook on the bayou near Hillcroft & Westheimer
Cost: $150 w/$75 deposit if deposit paid by June 4th; after that, price is $175 w/$75 deposit. Paypal and checks are accepted.
Nutrition is vital to an animal’s health. Many health and behavioral issues are the result of improper nutrition. Proper nutrition can help keep an animal healthy or restore their health. Kinesiology, also called muscle response testing, is the science and art of movement in the body. It is a method used by holistic vets, naturopathic doctors, chiropractors, and nutritionists working in private health food stores. Muscle testing uses the muscle system of a person or animal’s body in the presence of a product as a source of information. Some refer to it as body wisdom. You do not touch your animal’s muscles to do this. You only use the muscles in your own arm. It is a simple process anyone can learn. In this workshop, you will learn:
- Basic nutritional needs for dogs, cats, and horses.
- Advanced nutritional needs for animals with special conditions such as cancer or arthritis.
- How to conduct kinesiology to determine the proper nutrition for animals and people.
- How to use kinesiology to determine the proper topical products for animals and people.
- How to use kinesiology to determine if you or an animal is allergic to a certain food or product.
- If you do not have a certain food or product but want to know if it is right for you or your pet, no problem – there is a way to test that!
- How to do muscle testing on yourself, others, and your animals. You will be amazed at how this can change the life of animals, your own, and others!
- So, bring your animal, food, and any other products you want to test on yourself or your pet. If you have other animals, you can bring a photo of them.
- The muscle testing ebook will be available for purchase for $10 (normally $15)