The benefits of having a trained dog are nearly limitless! Here’s a run-down of just some of the advantages and benefits:
Benefits of Dog Training:
• Puppy classes provide the opportunity for getting your new family member started off right. Puppy
classes provide the experiences and opportunities for your puppy to develop interaction skills with
other puppies, with people, and in new environments.
• Puppy socialization has been found to be critical to the psychological health of adult dogs. Puppy
classes provide the opportunity for this important facet of your puppy’s upbringing.
• Training classes provide dog owners the skills and knowledge for dealing with common, normal dog
behaviors—starting with puppy behaviors such as housetraining and chewing.
• No matter what age you start training your dog, foundation training provides the basis for any
activity, behavior or job you want your dog to do.
• Training provides dogs with the basic good manners we all want—from polite greeting when guests
arrive, to walking nicely on the leash, to coming when called.
• A trained dog is a fully participating member of the family—what a gift for all of you!
A trained dog joins in the fun when company comes, accompanies the family to the kids’ sports
games, goes with you to visit friends and relatives, goes for hikes, swims, and everything else the
family does together.
• Training enables you to choose from among a broad range of activities and dog sports to participate
in and enjoy with your dog such as dog agility, Rally obedience, dancing with your dog, tracking,
search and rescue, skijoring, sledding, water rescue trials, obedience, carting, reading
programs, therapy work, and a nearly endless range of fun and philanthropic things to
• Training has been shown to be the single most important thing that keeps a dog
in his or her “forever” home.
• Training builds your mutual bond, enhances the partnership and enriches the
relationship you share with your dog. Is there anything better?
• Having a trained dog is a joy for both you and your dog!
For more training information or to find a dog friendly trainer near you, visit the Association of Pet Dog Trainers.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Certified Canine Trainer & Behavior Specialist
Professional Dog Training in Houston, TX
Become a fan of Get Along Little Doggie on FACEBOOK!