The Houston Astros invite you and your pooch for the second annual “Dog Day”, presented by H-E-B on April 11th as the Astros host the Phillies. Come out to the ballpark early to meet retired United States Navy SEAL, Marcus Luttrell and his dog, Mr. Rigby. Marcus Luttrell is the co-author of Lone Survivor and recipient of the Navy Cross and Purple Heart for his actions against the Taliban in Operation Red Wing. His book will be on sale throughout the game. Stop by and visit Marcus and Mr. Rigby in the H-E-B Dog Zone during our pre-game festivities. Marcus and Mr. Rigby will participate in our “First Fetch” prior to the start of the game.
You MUST purchase a ticket for you AND your dog. Only one (1) dog per One (1) human will be permitted
$24.00/ ticket in Reserved Seating Section located in Right Field Bullpen Seats. Available for Dogs 1-80 lbs.
$14.00/ ticket in Standing Room Only “Barking Room” located in Conoco Alley. Available for Dogs 1-100lbs. Please note this does not include a fixed seat for you or your dog.
Dogs over 100lbs. will NOT be permitted.
A portion of the proceeds from all ticket sales will benefit the Houston Humane Society on behalf of the Astros in Action Foundation.
All dog owners MUST:
-Bring a copy of vaccinations records
-Make sure their dog is wearing a valid licensed tag in compliance with the City of Houston Pet Licensing
-Make sure their dog remain on a leash at all times
-Bring a singed indemnity waiver
**Limited Pre-packaged food and beverages (I.e. hot dogs, Cracker Jacks, bottled Cokes, a variety of bottled drinks, etc.) will be available in the Reserved Seating Area and Dog Zone. For a complete selection of ballpark food, you will be able to leave your dogs with “dog sitters” in order to purchase foods in other areas of the ballpark.
- 9:45 a.m. – Registration at H-E-B Dog located on Crawford Street in between Prairie and Preston
- 10:25 a.m. – Pre-Game Pooch Parade for each dog and their owner on warning track of Minute Maid Park, participants will be directed from the H-E-B Dog Zone to Right Field Gate for entrance to the parade
- 11:00 a.m. – H-E-B Dog Zone Featuring Hill Country Fare Dog Food opens, located outside Centerfield Gate with Hill Country Fare Dog Food sampling, coverage of the Astros game on plasma televisions, and dog contests and entertainment.
- 11:30 a.m.. – Gates open for game and H-E-B Dog Zone Vendor fair inside Minute Maid Park that will include local pet and animal related vendors, trainers, and veterinarians along Conoco Alley (Available for all Astros Fans)
- 12:00 p.m. – Houston Astros/ Houston PetTalk Dog costume contest in the H-E-B Dog Zone Featuring Hill Country Fare
- 12:30 p.m. – Astros ceremonial “First Fetch” with Marcus Luttrell, Navy Seal and author of Lone Survivor, and his dog, Mr. Rigby.
- 11:30 A.M. until 4:30 pm (or End of Game) – End of Game – Houston Humane Society pet adoption located in the Conoco Alley with dogs ready for adoption
Don’t miss the H-E-B Dog Zone featuring Hill Country Fare Dog Food as well as many vendors, trainers, and more along Conoco Alley. Then at noon, prepare yourself for some big smiles as you watch or participate in the Houston Astros/Houston PetTalk costume contest presented by H-E-B…the winner will get their photo in Houston PetTalk’s May Issue. Dogs will be available for adoption in case you are looking to add a family member! The Houston Humane Society will be on hand to show off their cute adoptables.
Next, relax with your dog and watch the game in the designated area. To purchase tickets or to get more information, visit www.astros.com/dogday.