Adopt-A-Cat Month Is Just Around The Corner (June). Here Are The Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Cat:
- Cats will keep you entertained with their playful antics.
- Cats are very affectionate and love to cuddle with you.
- Having a cat can reduce your blood pressure and prevent heart disease.
- Cats are very clean — they bathe themselves!
- Cats are independent and can be left alone while you are at work.
- Cats do not need to be housebroken – using the litter box comes naturally to them.
- Cats do not need a lot of space. They are perfect pets for apartments and smaller homes.
- Taking care of a cat can help teach a child responsibility and humane values.
- Cats get plenty of exercise living indoors. Just 15 minutes of playtime each day will satisfy a cat.
- Approximately 4 million homeless cats end up in animal shelters every year in the United States. By adopting, you’ll be saving a life.
For more tips on adopting a cat and information on Adopt-A-Cat Month, visit www.americanhumane.org/aacm.