As I was thinking about what I should write about, this week I attended a wonderful talk by Kathleen Elmore. She is someone I have studied with and well known in the greater Houston area for helping people talk with their angels. This was her 9th annual presentation about angelic insight. Both people and animals have angels that help them in their lives. Angels are very much real and very much want to help us. While the talk focused on information the angels wanted people to know, I thought I would focus on how this guidance can be applied towards you and your pets.
This year is known as the year of light. It is about having a fresh start at things and looking at the big picture. Some times it is easy to be focused on things going on inside our “box”. So how does this pertain to you and your pets?
- Well, you can look at exploring things with a fresh vision. If you are having behavioral or health issues with your animals, you can explore new options. Consider doing something you have not thought of before. Think outside the box. If you’ve done traditional methods, consider alternative methods. If you have done some holistic methods, consider new holistic methods. There are so many natural ways you can help you and your pet.
- Look at the big picture by looking at all possibilities of why something may be happening, not just what seems to be happening on the surface. Remember holistic methods help to get to the cause of the problem, not just help the symptoms. And to truly resolve any kind of issues, it is very important to get to the root of the problem. Treating symptoms is just a temporary fix.
- Animals are in our lives for a reason. They have a purpose. Whether they found you, you adopted them or purchased them, it does not matter. It is important to know that we are all connected and our pets can help guide us in our lives.
There are several hallmarks for the year:
- Non-judgement – Be as honest as you can with yourself and your pets. It is easy to be hard on ourselves and in turn, on our pets. Do not get caught up in self-judgement. Remember to connect your heart with your animal’s heart. Pets can have issues just like us and the goal is not to judge them but to understand and help them. Some times they are here to help teach us an important lesson, or two, or three…
- Awareness – Be aware of what is going on with you, your pets and around you. While it is important to listen to your inner self, it is important for you to listen to your pets. While animal communication can help you with this, you can simply tune into your pet more. For instance, if they seem to enjoy walks with you, then take a longer walk or more frequent walks. If they seem resistant on walks, ask yourself why? Be aware of your surroundings. Perhaps they don’t like walks at night but are ok when there is daylight. Then try to do daytime walks. Perhaps they are ok for a certain length of time then get resistant part way through the walk. Then make the walk shorter. While it is good to be aware of major things, it is also good to be aware of the little things in life, which may be little to you but could be big to your pet.
- Love, Happiness and Peace – What a wonderful combination! Know that this is inside all of us. Most people understand that we are capable of this but this is the year to truly feel this. Our pets try to live their lives by offering unconditional love. It is sometimes easier for them to be happy in life than ourselves. Just know that our pets are examples of true love and their love brings us such happiness and peace. I truly believe the people that are the happiest are those that share their lives with animals. Strive to truly feel love, happiness and peace inside yourself and in doing so, your pet will feel it, too.
- Acceptance – This is about self-acceptance, self-worth, self-love, and self-honor. It is important for you to accept and love yourself in order for you to be able to accept the love of others. When you get up in the morning, think this is a new day and it is going to be wonderful for both you and your pets. Do not dwell on the past. This does not do you or your pet any good. Forgiveness is important whether it is forgiving yourself, others or your pet for something they have done like chewing up your couch or using the bathroom in your house for the hundredth time. Accept what they have done, forgive them and work towards finding solutions for both of you. Remember animals often reflect what is going on with you. If they have issues, take a good look at yourself and be honest that you may be the cause of their issues.
You are going to find that more things are going to fall into place for you and your pets this year. Things may happen that seem odd but search for the truth in them. Often times these events are just for you and will help you to open your heart and see the truth.
Remember that small changes can make a big difference. Big changes can be scary but if you do something gradually, you can see great results by the end of the year. Think baby steps or should I say puppy or kitten steps. With so much going on in our lives and the world today, it is important to think of ways we can help lower our stress and that of our pets. So think of what you can do for yourself and your animals. By approaching life with a new vision and awareness, you can help to bring love, happiness and peace into your life and those of your beloved pets.
Blessings to you and the animals you love!